About Next Stop Broadway
Next Stop Broadway is a performing arts summer camp in Coral Springs for children, ages 6 and up. Our program caters, individually, to two different age groups.
Youth Camp: Grades K–8 (6-13 years of age)
Children are split into age/grade-appropriate groups, and travel to classes full of fun activities designed just for them in Singing, Dancing, Acting, Stage Production Arts, and more! Each session culminates in full-scale, fully designed production, in which EVERY camper participates.
Teen Summer Theatre Project: Grades 9 & Up (14 years of age & up)
The Teen Summer Theatre Project is a complete, pre-professional experience, set in an encouraging environment where EVERYONE participates in their very own full-scale, fully designed productions.
SESSION I: Mary Poppins (June 13 – July 1) SHOW DATE: Friday, July 1 at 6:30pm
One of the most popular Disney movies of all time is capturing hearts in a whole new way: as a practically perfect musical! Taking place in England, in 1910, we are introduced to the troubled Banks family. Young Jane and Michael have sent many a nanny packing, before Mary Poppins arrives on their doorstep. Using a combination of magic and common sense, Mary Poppins takes the children and grown-ups on many magical and memorable adventures, where they learn a lesson or two from the nanny who advises that “Anything can happen if you let it.” Mary Poppins is an enchanting mixture of irresistible story, unforgettable songs, breathtaking dance numbers, and astonishing stagecraft. This show is a perfect opportunity for young performers.
SESSION II: Beauty & The Beast (July 5-July 29) SHOW DATE: Friday, July 29 at 6:30pm
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is a fantastic adaptation of the story of transformation and tolerance. The brilliant show features some of the most popular songs ever written by Alan Meniken, Howard Ashman, and Tim Rice. The classic story of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped under the spell of an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed to his former self. But time is running out! If the Beast doesn’t learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity.
SESSION III: The Jungle Book (Aug. 1-Aug. 19) SHOW DATE: Friday, Aug. 19 at 6:30pm
Disney’s The Jungle Book, adapted from the beloved animated film features, has several colorful characters and your favorite songs from the movie. Banished by the ferocious tiger Shere Khan, a human boy named Mowgli and his panther friend Bagheera are on the run, in the deepest parts of the jungle. On their journey, the two meet a sinister snake named Kaa, a herd of elephants, and a giant bear named Baloo, who teaches them the swingin’ musical rhythms of the jungle. After surviving a dangerous encounter with a band of monkeys led by King Louie, Mowgli and Bagheera are forced to run for their lives. When Shere Khan returns, our heroes must rally their follow animals into battle and restore peace throughout the jungle.
TEEN THEATRE PROJECT: Bring It On: The Musical (July 5-Aug. 5) SHOW DATES: Aug. 4 & 5
Bring It On is ideal for talented, young performers whether they’re singers, dancers, actors, or cheerleaders. With a colorful assortment of characters, an exciting fresh sound and explosive choreography with aerial stunts, this hilarious, universal story is sure to be everything you hoped for and nothing like you expected.
Bitingly relevant, sprinkled with sass, and inspired by the hit film, Bring It On The Musical takes audiences on a high-flying journey filled with the complexities of friendship, jealousy, betrayal, and forgiveness. Uniting some of the freshest and funniest creative minds on Broadway, Bring It On features an original story by Tony Award winner Jeff Whitty (Avenue Q), music and lyrics by Tony Award-winning composer Lin-Manuel Miranda (In The Heights, Hamilton), and was nominated for the Tony Award for Best Musical.
2016 Lunch Program
NSB Merchandise will be sold at the Jamboree on June 9th, as well as through our Camp Catering Department. ALL MERCHANDISE IS CASH OR CHECK ONLY.
Extended Care 2016
$40.00 per week / $10.00 per day
Extend your camper’s day to 7:30am – 6:00pm.
Pre-Care: 7:30-9:00am | After Care: 4:00-6:00pm
- Any camper who arrives at camp 15 minutes prior to the start of camp or stays longer than 15 minutes after the end of camp will be placed in the Extended Care system and is charged for that day’s rate.
- Our Program closes at 6:00pm – if your child is not picked up by 6:10pm, there will be additional fee of $25.00 for every 15 minutes thereafter.
Payment for Extended Care should be paid by 6:00pm the day prior to when needed. Payments are to be made at the Box Office. Daily rate for Extended Care is non-transferable – the day you request is the day you need to attend if you do not attend you forfeit that payment. Extended Care is a well-supervised independent playtime for our campers; it is not an extension of our day’s curriculum. Please have participating campers bring an after-camp snack.
- Spirit Rally X-Treme – A weekly Friday event. An all out camp pep rally featuring performances for campers by With all new integrated technology that brings the rallies to a new level of extreme. This year features brand new, exciting themes that are sure to make everyone feel like the superstar they truly are. Group winners of each rally will receive an ice cream party at lunch, in addition to a private, V.I.P. Activities party in their honor.
- Dress Up Days – If it’s a Wednesday, then it must be dress up day! This summer we present a fresh new batch of dress up day themes that are sure to entertain and unite the camp. All themes can be accessible through you and your family’s closets! Two winners from each group will be chosen, and featured in the Spirit Rally, in addition to receiving a special certificate. The wackier and more imaginative, the better!
- Next Stop Broadway Talent Extravaganza– Every Thursday before show day we will showcase the very best talent our campers have to offer. Campers will compete in an array of competitions throughout the session, and the winners will get to perform their pieces as an opening act on show night. Some of the competitions are as follows:
- Next Stop Broadway X-Factor – Like the show, this singing competition will start with an audition process open to all campers. You can audition as a solo act, a duo, or as a group. Throughout the session, the competition is narrowed down to one act representing each group, who will compete in the NSB Talent Extravaganza finale show.
- Next Stop Broadway’s Got Talent – Musicians, magicians, dancers, and more! Each spirit rally and NSB Talent Extravaganza competition will feature performances completely created by you. Auditions will be held weekly during the Activities rotation.
- Show Week – In order to combat the fatigue and stress of show week, the Activities Dept. presents a week of fun games and entertainment that will keep campers happy and pumped for the production. Camp classics such as Pajama day and Movie day will be featured this week.
*See Registration Form for tuition details.
*Please note that any applicable discounts CANNOT BE COMBINED.
Counselor/Counselor In Training (C.I.T) Application Form
Are you energetic, friendly, outgoing, responsible, kind and passionate about the performing arts?
Counselor Program: Applicants first go through an interview process. If accepted, counselors must attend mandatory training sessions, staff and orientation meetings. All Counselors (under the age of 18) must first volunteer as a CIT prior to joining the NSB staff.
Counselor In Training (CIT) Program: These coveted positions are available to anyone over 16 years of age; unless participating in the Teen Summer Theatre Project. The time spent as a CIT volunteer may be used as High School required service hours. If interested each applicant must fill out a CIT application including a recommendation letter and go through an interview process. Then if accepted, they must attend mandatory training sessions, staff and orientation meetings.
Counselor & CIT Letter of Counselor and CIT ResponsibilitiesRecommendation FormNEXT STOP BROADWAY COUNSELOR APPLICATION 2016
Parent Barter Application: NSB is looking for qualified, dedicated, and compassionate parents, who are interested in becoming involved in our Parent Barter/Volunteer Program.
Applications must be turned in to the Next Stop Broadway Office or e-mailed to: email@example.com.
The Coral Springs Center for the Arts is proud to offer scholarships to young people interested in studying performing arts at the Coral Springs Institute for the Performing Arts. Awards are used to offset tuition for attending Next Stop Broadway during the summer as well as training during the school year with classes in singing, acting and performance. Scholarships are awarded based on three criteria: merit, financial need and talent. If interested each applicant must complete the scholarship application packet and go through an audition process.
***APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY MARCH 21st, 2016***
Scholarship Application Packets must be filled out COMPLETELY and turned in to the Next Stop Broadway Office or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book Your Summer Field Trip NOW!
Coral Springs Center for the Arts
2855 Coral Springs Drive, Coral Springs, FL 33065
Center for the Arts Main Phone: 954-344-5999
Summer Camp Office Phone: 954-344-5991
Box Office Phone: 954-344-5990
Easily accessible from the Sample Road exits of the Sawgrass, I-95, and the Florida Turnpike. Coral Springs Drive is located west of University Drive and the Center is just one block south of West Sample Road.